Different users have access to different functions of the site. While anyone can do most things on the site, including reading and editing, administrators can access a few additional functions.
- Deleting and undeleting pages and page histories, as well as uploaded files.
- Locking (protecting) a page so it can not be edited or renamed by users without admin rights.
- Blocking IP addresses or user names from editing; and very quick "rollback" of undesirable edits.
- Editing the interface by changing system messages and skins.
Full List of Rights (Advanced)
- Block a user from sending e-mail (blockemail)
- Block other users from editing (block)
- Bypass IP blocks, auto-blocks and range blocks (ipblock-exempt)
- Bypass automatic blocks of proxies (proxyunbannable)
- Change protection levels and edit protected pages (protect)
- Create pages (which are not discussion pages) (createpage)
- Delete pages (delete)
- Delete pages with large histories (bigdelete)
- Edit other users' CSS and JS files (editusercssjs)
- Edit semi-protected pages (autoconfirmed)
- Edit the user interface (editinterface)
- Have one's own edits automatically marked as patrolled (autopatrol)
- Import pages from a file upload (importupload)
- Mark others' edits as patrolled (patrol)
- Mark rolled-back edits as bot edits (markbotedits)
- Move files (movefile)
- Move pages (move)
- Move pages with their subpages (move-subpages)
- Move root user pages (move-rootuserpages)
- Not be affected by rate limits (noratelimit)
- Not create a redirect from the old name when moving a page (suppressredirect)
- Override files on the shared media repository locally (reupload-shared)
- Overwrite existing files (reupload)
- Perform CAPTCHA triggering actions without having to go through the CAPTCHA (skipcaptcha)
- Permission for deleting comments on Blog Articles (blog-comments-delete)
- Permission for editing Blog Articles (blog-articles-edit)
- Permission for toggling comments on Blog Articles (blog-comments-toggle)
- Quickly rollback the edits of the last user who edited a particular page (rollback)
- Remove messages from the ShoutBox widget (shoutboxremove)
- Search deleted pages (browsearchive)
- Set the default skin (setadminskin)
- Submit a trackback (trackback)
- Undelete a page (undelete)
- Upload files (upload)
- Upload files from a URL (upload_by_url)
- Use higher limits in API queries (apihighlimits)
- View a list of unwatched pages (unwatchedpages)
- View deleted history entries, without their associated text (deletedhistory)
- View report of used special tags (tagsreport)
Who are this Wiki's Administrators?
For a complete list of users with administrator access, see the Listed Admins page. Each Administrator and their signature are listed below. You can always ask these administrators on their talk page, for any issues.
- Fully Active - These are the best users to contact when you need an Administrator. They log on and edit every day, for most of the day.
- Partially Active - These users log on most of the time. These users are good to contact, but not for emergencies.
- Inactive - Admins who are away and did not give information about their inactivity. A continual inactivity may require a discussion about demotion.
- Away - These users are currently away (e.g. on vacation), and their temporary inactivity has been excused.
- Trial - These users are new admins who are being tested to be a future admin. They do not know as much as other admins.
For urgent messages (e.g. vandalism and bugs reports), do not contact admins who are inactive or away, until they are fully active.